…….according to the L.A.B. med spa
- Get your hands off your face…………….seriously, don’t pick!
- It seems like a good idea at the time but all it does is increase your chances of scarring, infection and you can also push the bacteria deeper into the skin and create a bigger problem than you already have. Just come in for a custom medical facial and we will carefully extract all that for you.
- We said exfoliate we didn’t say till for soil.
- We love it when you exfoliate, it removes dead skin cells, your products work better, and you increase circulation to the skin. However you shouldn’t be doing it more than 2-3 times per week and don’t scrub too hard.
- Are you really going to go to bed with that makeup on?
- Okay, okay, we’ve done it too……..but don’t make a habit out of it m’kay? You really should wash the day off your face and don’t forget this is when Retin A and moisturizer are used too.
- Don’t you dare walk out that front door without sunscreen on missy.
- Sun is the BIGGEST culprit of aging so whey would you not want to protect yourself from that. UVA rays go through clouds, windows and best laid plans. So just put it on, you’ll thank us when you are the best looking 80 year old in the room.
- More isn’t always better
- We realize that sounds weird coming from a med spa who’s job is to sell you skincare, but trust us, sometimes a 15 step skincare routine can cause more problems than they fix. Therefore, we usually start patients on a cleanser, sunscreen, moisturizer, Vit C serum, an AHA or BHA, and usually a Retinol product. If they are tolerating this line up we can add in some fun stuff if necessary.
- Not washing pillowcases or makeup brushes often enough.
- I know this seems like a no brainer but when was the last time you really cleaned your makeup brushes boo? It should be once a month. Pillowcases should be once per week.
- Long hot showers.
- We know, we hate this one too! Nothing feels better in the dead of winter like a long hot shower, however, it really does zap all the moisture out of your skin by robbing all of it’s natural oils. So cool it, get it cool it……okay moving on.
- Only thinking of your skin from the outside and not the inside
- Does diet effect your skin? Yes Does sleep? Yes Does Stress? Yes Does Water intake? In a roundabout way, Yes?
- We should try to have a balanced healthy diet, try to get 6-8 hours of good sleep, Find a way to meditate or destress during the day and drink around 6-8 glasses of water per day.
- Drinking and Smoking
- Another tough one for me too, not the smoking part but momma sure does love her wine. Smoking is number two on the aging list – it wrinkles the skin drastically faster and Sugar is number three (guess what all that alcohol really turns into?) it also dehydrates your skin.
- This one is mainly for my men……….put that bar of soap down BRUH and come to the L.A.B. med spa for a real cleanser. All you are doing is drying out your skin and leaving a film of residue so that if you do decide to put anything else on, it doesn’t go anywhere? Why would we want to try and fight through that?
If you are guilty of any of the above, don’t worry, we aren’t judging, we are guilty of it too sometimes. Let’s all decide to do better and move on……….. let us know if you need any help with that.
Share this Article